cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing email address

Wordsmith
Grafter

Changing email address

I chose my email address when I first joined Plus Net and when I was totally obsessed by security of personal details on the Net.  As a result, I've been lumbered with an address that bears no resemblance to my identity.
I now have an android phone and would like to set up emails which link in some way with my current address rather than having yet another email (Hotmail, Google and in the case of Windows 7 on my laptop - Pegasus) but which include my name.
One solution would be to resign and re-register but I see from searching previous posts that an alternative would be to set up a Domain name on the account.  Would this change the email and if so, how would it appear?
Many thanks if you are able to help with this - I know I could use Webmail but I don't think it's particularly effective in terms of filing etc and I would still have the problem of name and identity.
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Changing email address

A domain would do what you want in that you can create an email address me@domain.co.uk however the Plusnet system doesn't differentiate between me@username.plus.com and me@domain.co.uk so picking up email from either would mean you would pick up from both. In other words the email address is in effect "me" once it gets into the Plusnet system
Not applicable

I use a domain name email address and it was described to me by staff as being 'laid over' the Force9 one.  If I was to send an email to the F9 username address it would be returned as undeliverable i.e. it does not go to the domain addy.
Not sure what it costs now for Plusnet to host a domain name address - maybe a member of staff will be along soon to advise.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I think it is how the domain is set up, I effectively have three PN ones  free-online.co.uk, idps.co.uk and me.uk,  the first one is my primary, but some people didnt like that so PN made a sudo name IDPS -I Dont Pay Subscriptions, then PN had a breakin to the data base and gave us a choice of new one, I was lucky and got me.uk
Any mail sent to any of those three appears in just one mail box