Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plusnet Passwords for Main and Secondary E-Mail Accounts

FIXED
KimFrank
Hooked

Changing Plusnet Passwords for Main and Secondary E-Mail Accounts

I am a user without IT knowledge and tend to try and keep things simple.  To check whether my e-mail address had been hacked I checked HaveIbeenpwned.com .  It shows that I have.  To help secure my Plusnet email account I want to change my password/s.  I can see where to change my member centre account details password.  Having spoken to Plusnet they have told me that this will change my main mail@ e-mail account password, but not secondary accounts.  I have the mail@ email address and set up a couple of others (aliases? or secondary ? accounts) to enable me to have a Facebook account (which doesn't accept a mail@ email address to set up a FB account).  

My question is: How do I change the password for the secondary/alias account.  Can someone tell me, in very simple steps using very simple and untechnical language how to do this, please?  I

have seen that by clicking on the word alias in the list of email address there is an edit and a delete button.  Clicking on the edit button does not show an option to change the password.  

Thank, in advance. 

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Changing Plusnet Passwords for Main and Secondary E-Mail Accounts

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Email

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: Changing Plusnet Passwords for Main and Secondary E-Mail Accounts

Fix

@KimFrank 

My question is: How do I change the password for the secondary/alias account.  Can someone tell me, in very simple steps using very simple and untechnical language how to do this, please?  I

have seen that by clicking on the word alias in the list of email address there is an edit and a delete button.  Clicking on the edit button does not show an option to change the password.  

Aliases do not have separate passwords, they are simply another name for which mail will be accepted and directed to an existing mailbox. Additional mailboxes do have passwords. If you have additional mailboxes , they will be shown in the list of email addresses as Type 'Mailbox', clicking on a mailbox will give you a list of mailboxes and alongside each is an 'edit'  link. That link will give you an option to change the password for that mailbox

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.