cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in order emails displayed

76nil
Grafter

Change in order emails displayed

Can anyone tell me why my incoming emails are not shown in the order they come in but randomly somewhere amongst the rest?  This has only just started happening.  Normally  I know I have a new, unread email because it comes at the top but now I only know if I look at the side of the page and it says I have one.  I then have to scroll down until I find it.  Thanks.  I know someone will be able to sort this out for me as they have all my other queries.
5 REPLIES 5
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Change in order emails displayed

It would help if you said how you are reading your emails - Webmail?  Client software (Oulook, Thunderbird etc)?
A general tip for most clients and PN webmail - Try clicking on the word 'Date' at the top of the date column to toggle between ascending and descending order.  Clicking on 'Subject' toggles between A-Z and Z-A alphabetical sorting.  Other heading follow suit...
HTH
Peter
76nil
Grafter

I use the PlusNet email site.  Clicking onto the 'date' doesn't help as new, unread emails are randomly shown in the rest and I have to scroll down to find them.  This has only been happening for a couple of days and I thought it would sort its self out.  I haven't changed anything as I don't mess about with any settings on my computer as I (generally) haven't a clue.
Thanks
cyrilclark1
Rising Star

In the box marked 'Filter' - make sure that you have checked 'All.'
Checking on 'Date' will give you the option to list your emails in descending or ascending date order.
76nil
Grafter

Yes it does say 'all' in the filter box.  I haven't changed anything but emails are now coming through correctly, with all the new ones together at the top the way I like it.  Thank you for your interest.
cyrilclark1
Rising Star

You are very welcome.
Smiley