Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch all intermittently getting email to valid address

SimonC
Dabbler

Catch all intermittently getting email to valid address

Hi,
I had a couple of email problems (see addendum below for details) so set Catch All to On and set up a bucket@me.plus.com address to collect it.  I immediately noticed that quite a lot of my mail (to my valid default address) was going into the bucket but the rest seemed to be going correctly to my default address.  Then the bucket went quiet for a couple of weeks.  Now it's getting one or two more apparently valid addressed emails a day.
There seem to be no reasons why the bucket is getting these valid emails - some are part of conversations between my rowing group where one email goes into the bucket and the rest into my default mailbox.
Any ideas?
Regards
Simon
Why I set Catch All On:
1) I had more than a few reports of mail sent to me but not received.  I suspected my correspondents may be mis-typing my address so the emails were being black-holed.
2) My family are addicted to signing up for any number of random and suspect offers.  With a catch-all, they can make up a mail address - whateverIsignedupto@me.plus.com and get their registration email but if we get anymore mail to that address I can ignore it.  I can also track which sites are releasing addresses to spamers.
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Catch all intermittently getting email to valid address

Have you looked at the full header details of the mail which went to the wrong place
SimonC
Dabbler

Re: Catch all intermittently getting email to valid address

Yes.  All relevant details seem the same (To:  and Envelope_To:).  Other emails from same correspondent have gone to my default mail box but just one to the bucket.
S.