cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care4free/Madasafish email problems

Mhairi

Care4free/Madasafish email problems

Hello - I'm new to this forum and hope someone may be able to help me. I have had a Care4free account for many years, which was taken over by Madasafish who I still pay monthly for the account. I have had a number of security problems recently on this email which seemed to indicate that it had been compromised, and more recently the account will not let me in at all and has stopped delivering email. In trying to contact Madasafish about it I learned that they had been taken over by Plusnet. After trying for a couple of weeks I can't get through to speak to anyone on the Plusnet helpline (I completely understand why, of course) and their automated message suggests this forum for help. Has anyone else had similar problems, or can anyone suggest where I can turn for help please? Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Care4free/Madasafish email problems

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.

"I have had a number of security problems recently on this email which seemed to indicate that it had been compromised"

What led you to believe that the account has been compromised?

When an (email) account is compromised, Plusnet change the mailbox's password and send an email to the contact email address on the account.  If that contact address is the same as the compromised mailbox ... the action is not exactly visible to the user.

Can you log into your MAAF account here - https://secure.madasafish.com/myaccountdx/summary/ ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mhairi

Many thanks for coming back to me on this, Townman. I may be using the wrong terminology in saying 'compromised' - what has happened so far is I've had a lot of emails saying people have tried to log in as me in various places, not only on normal platforms like Facebook, Paypal, Ebay, but also other sites I've never heard of, so someone must have access to at least part of my password I suspect; then I had some messages from PlusNet saying it looked as if there were security issues (first of all I thought those were spam as well because I didn't know PlusNet had taken over Madasafish!) but they aren't messages you can reply to; now I have been frozen out of the email address altogether and am not receiving any mail on it at all. It doesn't acknowledge my password and when I try for password reminders the process doesn't follow through. I simply cannot get hold of anyone at PlusNet to talk me through the problem, and Madasafish just direct me to PlusNet. Any advice?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

There has been some "background" discussions on this...

"With regards to MAAF, if it's the only mailbox on their account, then updating the account password, through their portal, will resolve the issue."

And...

"Here’s how one would update an additional mailbox for Madasafish: http://www.madasafish.com/support/features/domain_names/additional_mailboxes.shtml"

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.