cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant see any emails on my main page display but 21 are listed as in the folder!

CJL
Hooked

Cant see any emails on my main page display but 21 are listed as in the folder!

I have a problem in that no emails are visible on the main display part of my email page but 21 are listed in the Folder. Nothing I do will sort this out..can anyone suggest a fix? I attach a screenshot. I can see all emails in SquirrelMail!

9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Cant see any emails on my main page display but 21 are listed as in the folder!

Thanks for your post @CJL and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're having issues viewing your emails in webmail.

We're aware we have a problem we're working on getting to the bottom of which may be your folders not showing your mail as it should do or you may have performance issues. If Squirrelmail works for you then I'd recommend continuing to use this.

Alternatively, try the steps explained Here or set up your emails on a mail client. If you're unsure how there's instructions Here.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
CJL
Hooked

Re: Cant see any emails on my main page display but 21 are listed as in the folder!

Sorry but this made no difference at all. I have nothing showing where the preview list of emails should be although if I click on the Inbox folder a "Loading" display shows for a second but nothing comes on the area where the preview are is. I tried to attach a screen shot.

CJL
Hooked

Further to my last. Just because Squirrel Mail works that is not the solution to why my main system does not! Is there a way to reload it to reset?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @CJL

I understand the frustration but I'm afraid there's very little we can do to help bar the above suggestions I've made. 

We have a known problem we're working on getting to the bottom of. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
CJL
Hooked

well if that`s the case maybe I will not renew my contract at the end of the month! Seems a bit off really that you can`t fix a fault.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@CJL 

Really sorry to see this. It may be worth noting that your email provider doesn’t have to be the same as your broadband and phone provider.

We don’t charge for your emails with us so assuming all’s well on the broadband/phone front you can still stay with us for that but look elsewhere for your emails. 

Appreciate though the time we’re taking to fix the problem with webmail, for now you’ve got a workaround to use basic webmail or a POP3 mail client. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
CJL
Hooked

Not the point! Am I the only one with this problem or is it the same for ALL Plusnet Members?

CJL
Hooked

So much for the Yorkshire Friendly Company of Plusnet! I decided to leave and started the operations last week. Today I find that although I have no outstanding bills I cannot log onto my emails at all...either basic or advanced! To my mind that is illegal! I have paid for the system but am being locked out even though It is still my contract until later this month! I will NOT be returning ever ..obviously it`s fine to take money but a teddy gets thrown from the cot as son as somebody wants to leave! I will be reporting Plusnet to Ofcom for breach of my contract!

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Perhaps if you opened your eyes you would see lots of reports of email being down today.