cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use advanced webmail

RF

Cannot use advanced webmail

For the last few days I have been unable to access advanced webmail. I log in as usual but once the inbox info appears it just circulates until it times out.

I can access basic webmail(AKA SquirrelMail) but since it does not load images there is a lot of gobbledygook cluttering the page making it virtually unreadable.

Even worse in basic webmail I cannot compose or forward emails as it just comes up with a red ERROR message.

I have tried loading webmail on Internet Explorer too in case this is a Firefox issue, but the outcome is the same.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Rob

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Cannot use advanced webmail

Hi Rob,

A warm welcome to the forums?

Are you still suffering with this issue?  Reading your description, do you mean that you have logged in successfully, but displaying the content of the inbox times out?

If yes, have you read the Round Cube performance bug mitigation topic at the top of this forum?  I suspect that might help.

How many items per page have you configured in the user settings?  IIRC the default is 10, setting it higher can cause performance issues if the issue mentioned above (non-default sort options) is "in play".

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RF

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

I can access advanced email, but it either circulates and then times out, or it goes to the inbox and displays the number of new messages but doesn't display any of them. I cannot create any new messages either. I have no knowledge of having changed any of the settings in my email account,

However yesterday for some reason everything worked normally during early afternoon/evening, then reverted to the original fault.

It seems to be working again since 18.00, so fingers crossed!!!!

Cheers

Rob

RF

HI there,

I have tried the Standard Webmail (Round Cube) slow performance mitigation, and it seems to help, though still quite slow response and it seems to revert to arrival date in the sorting column of its own volition.

However no real hardship to click on the none column each time.

Thanks for the help

Rob

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Rob,

For clarity NONE (default) = arrival date in latest first, oldest last order

The gremlin in Round Cube is that if (for whatever reason) you change the sort order by clicking the column names … and then set it back to "arrival date in latest first, oldest last order" by again clicking the column names … internally it is not the same as NONE and appears to encounter performance over heads … for presently unknown reasons.

If you need to do a clean up, then basic webmail might help - that this the Squirrel Mail interface - it is less flashy but still adequately functional and oh so fast!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.