Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set up Thunderbird account with Plusnet

hamilton36
Grafter

Cannot set up Thunderbird account with Plusnet

Hi, Guys,
Is there something unusual or non-standard with Plusnet.  I have tried everything and I cannot set up email account on Thunderbird V7. It will not let me set up the account manually and it "does not recognize Plus.net" in automatic mode. 
I have just recovered my system after a nasty Trojan and Virus infection. Everything is back to normal, except Thunderbird, which I used as my email client.  By the way Outlook Express works OK.
I have even uninstalled and reinstalled Thunderbird and not got anywhere.
Any suggestions would me most welcome.
Alex
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cannot set up Thunderbird account with Plusnet

Have you looked at  http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/, and then followed the instructions for Thunderbird ?
I moved over to Thunderbird in the last year or so, and have found it to be very reliable on Plusnet.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Cannot set up Thunderbird account with Plusnet

Hi hamilton36,
If you follow the guide and it still doesn't work please let us know, if you post back please advise what you're putting in for the incoming and outgoing server settings as those are what will make or break it. Please don't post username or password though for security reasons - apologies for stating the obvious. The username and password that goes in should be the same as you use to log in to the plusnet website.