Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send emails to Supanet.com

robski1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Cannot send emails to Supanet.com

For some time now I have not been able to send emails to a Supanet.com address from my Globalnet account.

The emails don't bounce and there is no error message, they just don't arrive at the other end even using webmail.

I can send them from my Gmail account with no problems.

I am using Windows Live Mail on Windows 10. Any suggestions? I don't have problems with any other email addresses.

11 REPLIES 11
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Cannot send emails to Supanet.com

Hi @robski1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with sending emails to Supanet adressesfrom your Globalnet account - thank you for trying to send the email both via Windows Live Mail and via our webmail platform and for confirming that you can send emails to this address from a different email account.

I've checked your account but I haven't been able to determine what is causing this problem. I've refereshed the mail component to try and resolve the issue - please allow at least four hours and then try sending the email again. Please let us know if it still doesn't send to the Supanet account as we'll need to investigate this further for you if so.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
robski1
Aspiring Pro

Thanks @EmilyD,

I will try again tomorrow when I can call my contact to see if they receive the email .

I will also try sending from my plus.com account.

I forgot to mention that I can receive emails from Supanet with no problems.

robski1
Aspiring Pro

Hi @EmilyD

Following your comments I have tried to send emails to @Supanet.com and here are the results:-

I can send and receive emails using the following accounts, Gmail.com, plus.com and my globalnet webmail account.

Emails sent from my globalnet account using Windows Live Mail on my PC are not getting through but I can receive Supanet emails using this client.

This is not a major problem but it would be nice to resolve it.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi robski1, to me this would suggest a Windows related issue, can you tell us what you've got configured for the outgoing mail server on Windows Live? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
robski1
Aspiring Pro

Hi Adam, the outgoing mail server is:- smtpmail.globalnet.co.uk

This has always worked and the only issue is with Supanet.

I also can't send emails to Supanet from my android phone either unless I use my gmail account,  so I think that eliminates the possibility of it being Windows related.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hey @robski1,

It's a difficult one to advise without any bouncebacks, I wonder if you'd experience an issue but using Gmail to send and receive mail on the Globalnet address. You can do this in the accounts and import section under settings. 

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

One thing to try - and just an idea.

Send a test e-mail to supanet.com with an address you know is going to fail, random letters such as kjdfhkjh@supanet.com which you'll know will bounce and you should get notification.

If you do, then foward on to PlusNet the headers of the bounce e-mail which may help them to understand what is going on.

EDIT: Not a true test I know as it is not the real address, but it may help.

robski1
Aspiring Pro

Hi @JOLO,

I use  gmail to send & receive globalnet emails on my Moto android phone and still have the same problem.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

robski1
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the suggestion @Alex. I will give it a go tomorrow and see what happens.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @robski1,

Thank you for letting us know the outcome of @JOLO suggestion. Please get back to us when you have carried out the steps suggested by Alex with the results and we will look into this further for you.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
robski1
Aspiring Pro

Hi @SammyM,

I tried what Alex suggested using a made up email address. I sent it yesterday but have had no bounce back or error message.

Looks as though the email gets lost somewhere in my setup before reaching the server.

I think I will live with the situation, I only have one contact with a Supanet email address and I will use use my PlusNet email address when contacting them from now on.

Thank you every one for your help & suggestions.

Best regards to all, Robski1.