cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send email with Outlook 2013 (was Re: Windows 10 Mail and Plusnet)

FIXED
Stymied

Cannot send email with Outlook 2013 (was Re: Windows 10 Mail and Plusnet)

My problem is I can't send e-mail from Microsoft Outlook, I think it's something to do with the outgoing port number, I'm using 587...

I receive fine, but can't send.

Any advice, please?

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) split from an old unrelated thread

7 REPLIES 7
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Windows 10 Mail and Plusnet

Welcome to the forums. Smiley

Is this "outlook" the application which is part of Microsoft Office or the Mail app which comes with Windows 10? In either case port number 587 with the outgoing server relay.plus.net should be OK. However do you have an active broadband account with Plusnet or is it yet to go live? Sending using relay.plus.net is not allowed until the user has a live broadband service (though webmail can be used).

What error message do you get from the email app?

David
Stymied

David

Thanks very much.

I've had a live Plusnet broadband for a couple of years. This problem arose when I migrated my e-mail to a new Computer.

I use the Outlook that came with Office 2013.

The error message I get is 0x800CCC13.... obviously all my internet connections etc are fine.

It receives fine, just won't send.

edwh
Rising Star

I think you may need to force Software Update / Windows Update / Office Update to run a few times.

I rebuilt a Windows 10 desktop with Outlook 2013 not so long ago and remember a similar problem. All was well once everything had updated. There’s a support note about it here https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Outlook-Send-Receive-error-0x800CCC13-after-upgrading-to-Wi....

spraxyt
Resting Legend

Fix

My thoughts are to try running a file check using sfc /scannow (at an admin command prompt). This is suggested in the article referenced by @edwh in the previous post.

David
Stymied

Thanks edwh, David...

I did this. It came back with the message "Windows Resource Protection did not find any systemn violations".

But, alas, still can't send...

Any further ideas appreciated!

Thanks

EDIT a few hours later.... OK, bizarrely it now seems to be working, so you've fixed it.... thanks VERY much!

spraxyt
Resting Legend

Glad to hear that. Aren't computers wonderful. Funny

David
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to @spraxyt as per message #5.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still