cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot scroll webmail on Android tablet

pennweb

Cannot scroll webmail on Android tablet

I have just acquired an Android 2.2 tablet and am having problems accessing Webmail.  All Plus.net pages scroll OK, I can logon to my webmail and see any messages in my Inbox, when I select a message it is displayed, but I cannot scroll the message left or down using the touch screen.  Is this a Squirrelmail problem?  I've tried this with the standard Android browser and Dolphin HD.
Thanks for any suggestions.
4 REPLIES 4
pennweb

Re: Cannot scroll webmail on Android tablet

I have found a partial answer to my problem which may help other users.  Android 2.2 has a bug which prevents Framesets from scrolling.  Squirrelmail uses a frameset to display email messages.  More information here http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=10842
Denzil
Grafter

If it helps, I have just got myself a tablet thing with 2.2 and found the same issue with the default browser. I installed Opera Mini from Android Market, which solved it nicely.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I prefer Opera mini to the stock Android browser anyway.
@pennweb, try installing it and if you don't take to well to it then drop me a PM and I'll see if I can provide you with another alternative...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

RobDickson
Grafter

Sorry for posting to an old thread, but I forgot to add to this when I first noticed it.
Firstly, why do you want to use webmail when the stock email client works perfectly well with Plusnet email?
I've found two solutions that might help with the stock browser.
1) Zooming in so that the frame you're interested in fills the screen.
2) Opening each email in a new window. Doing this doesn't use frames in the new window.
Hope this helps.
Rob