cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log into my ic24 email account

Preston
Dabbler

Cannot log into my ic24 email account

Since last Saturday I have been unable to log into my email account, error message, user name/password do not match. Therefore I cannot reset my password since I can't log in to get the reset message, 

Tech support today promised to call back when supervisor available, no call back for 8 hours so called tech support again, this time fobbed off with it will be 2 or 3 days before someone can sort this...

You must be joking. Plusnet rating has now plummeted to rock bottom....

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Cannot log into my ic24 email account

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear you're unable to login to your mailbox.

Are you free for a call to reset your password over the phone?

Feel free to send me a PM with the best contact number to get you on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Preston
Dabbler

Sorry I've not got back to you sooner, I've been away on holiday, one of the advantages of retirement  Smiley

I'm still struggling with this but having had several phone calls to the tech help I have now at last managed to access some 450 emails from the last few weeks. It appears that my because my account had been accessed several times from several countries this had been flagged my mailbox password was changed, but no one bothered to tell me. Several calls and on line chats failed to mention this until I was told that an email had been sent to me on the 9th June informing me.  But how the hell was I supposed to find this out since as the password had been changed I could not access this information, it beggers belief that such silly things can happen in a supposed hi tech business.... Anyway I have now got a temporary password and can get to my emails, but still an not able to change to a more secure one. If you can refer to ticket 191245737 you will get some idea of what has happened.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Preston,

Hope you had a lovely holiday! I'm glad to hear the matter has been resolved re: being able to access your emails again. 

When issues like multiple login attempts from a variety of different locations our security team will automatically put a block on those services by changing the password attached to them to make sure no one has gained access that shouldn't have done. 

Once this is done the security team always raise a ticket on your account to inform of the potential breech which in normal circumstances would be fine but in this case as the contact email address is the address affected has resulted in all contact going to a mailbox you can't access because of our block. You can change the main mailbox password by browsing here, and any secondary mailboxes you can reset here.

I'd probably suggest if you have a secondary email address that we add this to your account for contact, this will ensure if anything similar occurred again that any reset or security related emails/warnings will go to an email address you'll be able to access.