cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get my email working, please help!

kmw350
Rising Star

Cannot get my email working, please help!

Sorry, I'm another idiot who can't get my email working.
I'm a new customer, I have created my first mailbox, which shows as 'default', I did this about 4 hours ago, but cannot get it to work in Outlook 2007, and am still unable to loginto webmail. I cannot work out what I am doing wrong, any help would be appreciated,
regards
KMW
7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Cannot get my email working, please help!

Have you tried sending an email to the mailbox address?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
kmw350
Rising Star

Yes, I have tried sending an email frmo an unrelated account, but it's irrelevant, as I can't actually get Outlook to send or receive, and I cannot even log in to the Webmail to check it, thanks for your interest,
KMW
kmw350
Rising Star

Also, the email returned with a permanent error
KMW
kmw350
Rising Star

Suddenly it is working, maybe I just didn't wait long enough for it to activate. Webamil is still not working but I'll try that again another time
Thanks again,
KMW
kmw350
Rising Star

And Webmail is now also working.
If you did something that end, thank you very much!
KMW
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Yes, I have tried sending an email frmo an unrelated account, but it's irrelevant

Its not irrelevant, its strange I agree but I'll try to explain. The mail account is only fully created once an email is sent to the default mailbox. If, as normally, during the signup you create a new PlusNet email address to be used then the signup process will automatically send email to that account and it will be created. If you use an existing email address during signup and create your PlusNet one later then you need to send an email to it ( and wait a little while) to ensure the mail account is properly created. ( Hence Strat's post ).
Hope that explains things a bit.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kmw350
Rising Star

Yes it does, I wish I'd sent one a while ago, thanks for the explanation
KMW