cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get mail today

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: Cannot get mail today

I had a short period last night when the website was slow to navigate but no problems with email.  All working well this morning.
Wordsmith
Grafter

Thank you for replying Artmo  Smiley
Sadly I still have no emails and no response from Support since the middle of the night!
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Is it worth a phone call to CS?  The number is 0114 296 5198.  They seem slow in getting back to you.
Wordsmith
Grafter

To be fair, the response to my original query (11pm) was around 2am - I responded with the details they'd asked for just after 9am this morning.
I may be reduced to making the call though I was trying not to - I thought using the Help Assistant was preferred.
Update
Have just spoken to Support - he's adjusted the 'Catch All' setting and I can now send myself emails although I had done nothing to this setting previously - didn't know it existed!
Now wondering what's happened to all the emails I usually get every day...
Apparently they've been lost forever...
merlin152

Is there something going on with the email servers? I haven't had any email yesterday at all.. I use thunderbird, but I've been checking my inbox through webmail and still nothing. I've try a test message to myself but still nothing. I know that there are planned maintenance today, is my problem a possible symptom?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

not aware of any service-wide problems. I'll take a look at your account now @merlin152 and see if I can figure out what's going on...
Edit: taken a look and can't see any problems. Have sent a message to both mailboxes on the account and in each instance the email arrived in the respective Inbox almost immediately Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

merlin152

Thanks Bob,
I found the problem, It was an external problem with my domain host. I fixed it.. Everything was working perfectly a couple of days ago, I have no idea what happened.  Shocked
One of those great mysteries of the internet!!  Huh