cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete Madasafish emails using iPhone

FIXED
Wolfy2

Cannot delete Madasafish emails using iPhone

I have a @Madasafish.com email address that I have used for years. I can no longer delete any messages sent to this email address using my iPhone. The only workaround I can do is login to webmail and delete them there. I currently have the email set up using the IMAP settings. To add to this sometimes I won't receive anything until I have been into webmail and deleted unwanted emails. My mailbox is currently only 7.4mb, which as far as I know isn't near my mailbox limit.

4 REPLIES 4
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

Re: Cannot delete Madasafish emails using iPhone

@Wolfy2 Hiya, as you can manage the email on webmail but into the phone suggests the issues lie there because webmail is basically a client in web form.

Please can you remove the IMAP account from the phone and set it up again?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Fix

@Wolfy2 wrote:

My mailbox is currently only 7.4mb, which as far as I know isn't near my mailbox limit.

Sorry - I started to respond to this yesterday, but somehow lost the draft!

Your inbox might be only 7.4mB but what about the sent items folder?  The content of all folders counts towards the 250mB fair usage quota.

'DELETE' is a move to the trash folder, which could require free space ... which you might not have.  Look to see what is i the sent folder before doing anything else.  Cull the content of that folder (using webmail) then empty the trash folder ... and try again in the iPhone.  Does that report an error ... or does the item just reappear in the inbox?

NB: on the iPhone if you look further down the mail accounts list, you will see the mailbox listed again - in the second listing, you can see all of the folders (including sent items) and can attempt to delete mail from there, including those in the deleted items folder.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Wolfy2

Thanks Townman, I had previously made sure sent items, junk and deleted were all clear in webmail. I have however just discovered more folders that appear when I select manage folders in settings. It was here that I found another sent messages folder that did not display any messages but had a size of 244mb. After deleting this folder it seems to have solved the problem and I can now delete emails from my iPhone as normal.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): The fix has been changed to @Townman  as per message #3.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still