Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect my email to Outlook 2016

FIXED
mark1212

Cannot connect my email to Outlook 2016

Hi.

This is my first post so please bear with me and apologies if I get something wrong.

My hard drive recently packed up and I had to have a new one fitted which necessitated me reloading Office Professional Plus 2016 which was fine until I tried to link my existing madasafish email to it.

I tried the auto setup but this returned the message 'connection not available' both in encrypted and unencrypted.

I then spoke to someone on the Plusnet helpdesk who did his best, but to no avail. This involved trying the manual set up with the following as instructed.

I selected IMAP

at the next screen I entered my name

Entered email address

A/c type IMAP

Incoming Mail  Server - mail.madasafish.com (as instructed by helpdesk)

Outgoing mail server - mail.madasafish.com

User Name - the name I use to sign into Plusnet

Password

I tried both ticking and unticking the box ' Require log in using secure password authentication'.

I then got another box which says 'enter your user name and password for the following server' prefilled with my details and if I click on this it just keeps coming up.

I note that there is an option for 'more settings' General / Outgoing Server / Advanced. I haven't tried to enter or change any information in this section.

I am not very technically minded at all and would be most grateful for any help anyone out there can offer.

Many thanks.

Mark.

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Cannot connect my email to Outlook 2016

This http://www.madasafish.com/support/email/setup/settings/windows_mail_check_settings.shtml suggests that it has to be a POP connection rather than IMAP. 

Maybe someone with more knowledge of the legacy madasafish mail system will confirm....

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mark1212

Many thanks Mister W, but I still get no joy.

If anyone else has any ideas I'd be grateful.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Fix

I noticed this on your initial post

User Name - the name I use to sign into Plusnet

Does that mean you have a current PlusNet broadband account and have retained a legacy madasafish email ?

If so, I suspect that your username & password for the mail account are different.

This thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/MADASAFISH-Email/m-p/1671937 might be useful if you have forgotten the Madasafish email password 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mark1212

Many thanks Mr W.

Now you mention it I did have to change my password when Plusnet took over Madasafish and I remembered the old one.

All working now.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Happy to be of help