cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access my e mails

paulac123
Dabbler

Cannot access my e mails

Having a problem accessing my e mails, message says; PMAP server:imap.plus.net 110 connection timed out?
Anyone else having havinh problems? Sad
15 REPLIES 15
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Cannot access my e mails

The port number for accessing imap.plus.net should be 143. 110 is for POP3 on mail.plus.net. Perhaps why you are having trouble?
David
paulac123
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply. Just rang plusnet and they are saying there is a fault with the email system , they are trying to correct it.
grumpybob
Grafter

Thanks for the info. Note to Plusnet: would it kill you to have your Email Service Status reflect reality?
dick:quote
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Apologies folks, the issues were caused by a problem affecting our mail storage platform (ref: 78405). Our on-call engineers were alerted and the problem was fixed shortly after 8pm. Sorry about the lack of a status update.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pengyou
Grafter

Why was no service status announcement made?
Was incoming mail merely delayed or has it been lost for good?
At least four incoming messages sent last night have not yet appeared in my inbox.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As far as I'm aware this was just mail storage problems causing IMAP connection errors, no mail will have been lost during this and it should still have been arriving to the mailboxes.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Webmail is very slow this evening - even at the office at 5.00pm on fibre it was taking many seconds to open each email. Now at home it's taking ages. Around 25 seconds to delete an email and open the next one.
Other internet sites at both locations working as normal.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: drj
Now at home it's taking ages. Around 25 seconds to delete an email and open the next one.
Other internet sites at both locations working as normal.

Same here at home.
Chandu.
grumpybob
Grafter

Note to Bob Pullen: your Service Status is still incorrect as it (currently) claims Email has been up for 6 days+. This is a bit misleading and dishonest, don't you think?
drj
Aspiring Pro

Back to normal speed this morning both home and office.
drj
Aspiring Pro

Turgid again this evening - took about 15 seconds from the login screen to displaying the list of emails.
Can't be my connection speed - looking pretty good tonight (at the office):
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: grumpybob
Note to Bob Pullen: your Service Status is still incorrect as it (currently) claims Email has been up for 6 days+. This is a bit misleading and dishonest, don't you think?

The uptime cannot be changed without posting an announcement to the feed. This would have been ill-timed by the time people were in a position to do so - mainly due to the fact that the problem been fixed. We're not intentionally trying to hide anything.
Quote from: drj
Turgid again this evening - took about 15 seconds from the login screen to displaying the list of emails.

There's a handful of mail collection servers under heavy load looking at our monitoring platform. I suspect that's the culprit.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

drj
Aspiring Pro

It's morning now and back to normal - so looks like it's a problem in the early evening when lots of people are trying to access?
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Also having problems but this could be at my end, details listed under the post titled ' I Take it webmail's down again'
PROBLEM SOLVED.
We are born into history and history is born into us.