cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access my Volvo Forum site, can anyone help please

twilightflyer
Dabbler

Cannot access my Volvo Forum site, can anyone help please

As the title says, updated my forum site but was told to get a Gmail account so the the forum site can update my new PN email address, they say that PN has some blocker on so its not possible,is this right? or is there a way around this problem?. any help would be most appreciated. Sad
13 REPLIES 13
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Cannot access my Volvo Forum site, can anyone help please

Do you mean forum notifications forwarded from your gmail account are being rejected or perhaps ending up in your spam folder? Have you checked there?
Before supplying a gmail address to the forum did you try using a Plusnet account address?
David
twilightflyer
Dabbler

Hi, I do not have a Gmail account and yes PN has my new email address, Its the fact that I cannot log on to my Volvo forum as the forum does not accept my PN address, does PN block this in some way or am I missing something?.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

if a site isn't accepting your email address it's probably an issue with them.. assuming you're entering it as <name>@<pnaccount>.plus.com, rather then the <pnaccount>+<name> that you use to log on to webmail?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
spraxyt
Resting Legend

As far as I can see the Volvo Owners Club forum requires you to provide a username and password of your choice when you register for the forum. So you should be able to log on to the forum using that.
Having done that I'm guessing that you are trying to update your email address in your membership profile?
Is it that step that is failing? What error message do you get?
David
twilightflyer
Dabbler

Thanks gents for your replys........The Volvo forum site administrator says that my updated information needs to be activated and they will send me an activation email to my PN address, this has not happened,I have informed them of this and they say that it is a PN problem.
I have now tried to log on with my username and password (which I have never changed) and it won't even allow me to log on at all.
I am going to give Volvo site another go at contacting them to see what they can do about it.
I shall keep you all posted, thanks.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

So it's the activation email that you are not receiving. It's likely that forum login will be blocked until you can use that to activate your registration.
If you login to webmail at https://webmail.plus.net/ and check the Junk folder - called the Spam folder elsewhere - are the missing messages in there?
David
twilightflyer
Dabbler

Hi, I've checked my junk folder and there is nothing to be found.
I have tried to ask for another activation email but still haven't received anything back from them
I receive other emails from my family and such like but when it comes to this its as though my email address does not exist.
Is there anything else that I could try? Thanks.
twilightflyer
Dabbler

Further to my last reply I was told that PN has  'over zealous spam filters' is this right and if so how or what do I do now?
Thanks
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

They don't - at least judging by my experience
However if you go to https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myemail&s=1&redirected=yes&?membermenu=emailsettings
Click on Manage My Mail
Click on Spam
You can turn it off
Note that if you look near the bottom you can change the aggressiveness - mine is set to 1 - and you can add the Forum Address to the approved addresses
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I've just tried registering on there and no registration email arrived. As it didn't go to my spam folder either the only option is to turn the spam checking totally off as I don't think whitelisting will help.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Yes, I've confirmed that activation emails from the relevant MTA (sending server) are being blocked by the Cloudmark spam filtering appliances (even though IronPort's senderbase rates it as 'good').
I've raised ticket #67339847 with the relevant headers to query this. (I used a different address not subject to Cloudmark filtering to get those.)
David
twilightflyer
Dabbler

Hi everyone
Here's an update. I spoke to the Volvo forum administrator who told me that there was a problem with their server.
I managed to log on with my new address and then searched for my original user name and email address,changed my details to what everyone knows me on the forum site,they sent me another activation email and now I am glad to say that i am back on line so to speak with My user name of  ' twilightflyer'.
Glad to be back.
Thanks to everyone for their help.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you've managed to solve the access problem. Smiley
My ticket was passed internally 4 hours after I raised it but no further response.
Edit:  … and after initial header check passed again to Net Ops this afternoon.
David