cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access 'Inbox'

powellsy

Cannot access 'Inbox'

Hi,
I have been unable to access my Webmail 'Inbox' since sometime last week. 
I get past security and can access my Drafts, Sent, Trash folders etc, but when I try to access my Inbox, I get a blank screen where the emails should be (with folders still displaying down the side) and after about 2 mins, I get the standard 'This page cannot be displayed' error message.
I have had a clear out of large files and deleted a lot of old emails, but I still get the message?  I have seen the updates regarding issues last Thurs/Fri, so wondered if the problem is connected?
Many thanks for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Cannot access 'Inbox'

Welcome to the Forums!
This is definitely a problem on our side because I'm seeing the same problem. I've forced a rebuild of your mailboxes which will complete in around 4-8 hours. Once complete, you should be able to access your default mailbox again without any issues - please let me know if you encounter any further problems!
powellsy

Hi Ben,
Many thanks for the welcome and such a quick reply, it's much appreciated.
I'll give it another go later today.
powellsy

Hi Ben,
I have now managed to access my Webmail 'Inbox' on a couple occasions, but more often than not, it still 'times out' with the same 'This page cannot be displayed' error.
Up until recently, I could access my 'Inbox' with at least twice as many emails and a lot more stored attached files? 
Is the Webmail 'Inbox' now a lot more sensitive to the volumes & size of what is stored in it?
Many thanks.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No, it's not changed in any way for quite a while.
I can access it fine from my side so the intermittent issues are probably something on your end. How did you collect email before? Was it in a standalone client? Is there any reason why you're not doing this now?
powellsy

I pick up mail when I am home with MS Outlook and when I am at work/out and about, I use Webmail.  I've done this for a few years now and have only just started to experience problems.
I have just tried to access Webmail again and got the attached error message, which I haven't received before?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the picture, that's really helpful. I've created a ticket on your account and passed it to our Networks Team who will investigate further and let us know what the problem is.