Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Setup Plusnet email

Brian11
Hooked

Cannot Setup Plusnet email

Hi,

I realise that there are a lot of posts about this but i am pulling my hair out. No matter what i do i cannot get my plusnet email to sync and download my emails into Microsoft Mail. I have even tried sending a test message and it doesnt download it either, even though my iPhone gets the message. I have followed the user guide and ever step in both of these posts:

Plusnet to Windows 10 email connection - Plusnet Community

New Windows 10 eMail App Settings - Page 2 - Plusnet Community

I have checked that my account details and passwords are correct but no matter what it just goes to the "hold on while we fetch your email" and nothing happens (I have left it running for 5 hours). Any ideas or suggestions? I have tried turning on and off SSL and different combinations (other than those listed in the linked posts) of where my email address and user name is entered but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Cannot Setup Plusnet email

What do you mean by “Microsoft mail”? They have a lot of email products.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Brian11
Hooked

Hi,

Apologies for not being clear. It is just the build in Microsoft windows 10 mail & calendar app. I have made sure it is up to date.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Ah Win10 mail - the very worst of any Microsoft email offering.

You might be better off finding a different email client. Microsoft WinMail and Outlook Express though not supported are still very functional and can be downloaded and made to run on Win10. OUTLOOK 2016 (proper email) of course goes everything, but you need to pay for that. Many like Thunderbird (I do not). There are others.

You might though find setting the root folder (in the account settings to inbox might just do the trick for you ... but that will not fix the functional issues with the program such as creating its own sent items folder and refusing to use the IMAP server’s DRAFT folder.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Brian11
Hooked

Hi,

Many thanks for the responses.

Yes I think that maybe for the best. I will take a look at Thunderbird as I don't think I am going to be able to fix this.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Try setting the root folder to inbox before giving up.