cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Send Emails Via Mail Client Now!

ann3
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: Cannot Send Emails Via Mail Client Now!

I agree completely.  I don't see the point of a service status page that doesn't tell customers anything.  I wish to be kept informed.  I also think it would be good practice for Plusnet customer support to monitor the forums and pick up and comment on any issues.  That hasn't happened either.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry for the issues, should all be working again.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
JRT
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Seems like "Normal Service has resumed".  It would have been really good if the fault status had been reflected on the Status Pages, but I suppose email is not at the sharp edge of customer service!

I don't expect an answer, but I do wonder if no-one had posted on here then would the issue have been resolved at all quickly?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@ann3 wrote:

I agree completely.  I don't see the point of a service status page that doesn't tell customers anything.  I wish to be kept informed.  I also think it would be good practice for Plusnet customer support to monitor the forums and pick up and comment on any issues.  That hasn't happened either.

Your sentiments have been noted and raised by the SUs for discussion with PN.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ann3
Hooked

Thanks - much appreciated!

ann3
Hooked

Re Chris's comment on Saturday and the option to click a "fixed my problem" button.  To be pedantic, this post didn't "resolve my issue".  It told me that my issue had been resolved.  It didn't tell me what the issue was, whether it lay with PN, with the wider infrastructure, or with the user, and if the last, what to do next time it occurred.  I reckon that a post that "resolves your issue" is one that tells me how to fix something myself.

JRT
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

"Your sentiments have been noted and raised by the SUs for discussion with PN."

Thanks Townman,  somebody was keeping an eye on the board!   Let's hope something positive will come out of this and flakey email is a thing of the past.

Best regards,