Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Send Emails Via Mail Client Now!

Bauhaus100
Dabbler

Cannot Send Emails Via Mail Client Now!

Hi folks,

Anyone else having issues sending emails via a mail client at the moment? I keep on getting a time-out on the SMTP server mail.madasafish.com . It was working fine earlier today.

Thanks,

Edit: Now working again - no rhyme or reason for the issue.

21 REPLIES 21
BurntToast
Grafter

Re: Cannot Send Emails Via Mail Client Now!

Yes, same here.  Email just doesn't go.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Yep, relay.plus.net is connecting but not responding

edit:seems to be ok now

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JRT
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Been having the same problem for the last few hours.  Real nuisance when it's the only contact I have with some folks.

BurntToast
Grafter

Yes, is good now.

ann3
Hooked
Fixes: 1

I noticed this about an hour ago too. Can't send or receive from/to Mail client on my Mac.  Tried writing to myself from webmail and a mobile device, but nothing's coming in, nor going out.

agray8uk

No mail out or in for 3 hours - checked webmail as well and it's the same (albeit it's dire at the best).

Can we have a server status please?Huh

The service status shows an outstanding problem with mail (some 221 days) that is pointless to those of us who want to actually know the status at this moment (look at other service providers to find out how to do it!)

TonyBrown1

Currently unable to send anything through SMTP or ASMTP from PC or iPhone. Alex on WebChat said they were aware of the problem, and the expected to fix it 'within 24 hours'. No email for 24 hours, really! Also no Service Status update, disappointing.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Not working here either (17:15), trying to send an important email and need it to be from my PN address.   Sad

TonyBrown1

Apologies if this appears twice. I've had no SMTP or ASMTP from Windows and iPhone for a couple of hours. Alex on WebChat said they were aware of the problem, and hoped to fix it in the next 24 hours!!

downlands2
Dabbler

I can send email but I know that at least two emails were sent to me about 3pm and still haven't arrived.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Just managed to send my important email, plus a couple of tests and a further email.  Hope it doesn't fall over again too soon.

JRT
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi folks,

As of 19:00 today (Friday), it looks like it's working ok.  I've sent and received a couple of emails, one important, so hopefully all is well.  I think it's been happening for a good while during the day - or was that just coincidence?

ann3
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Well, I was receiving emails OK up to early afternoon, then nothing.  Just after I posted my earlier post, two emails went from the Outbox in my mail client.  I've started to receive incoming mail on my mobile, but the same emails are still not coming through to my pc mail client.  Absolutely nothing.

TonyBrown1

For me, the most disappointing aspect is the lack of information from PlusNet. Nothing at all is shown on the service status, even though I asked through WebChat for something to be posted. If we are kept informed of what is going on, everyone is more accepting of the problems. Maybe PlusNet are more concerned about keeping their Service Status page looking tidy, so it's not obvious what problems they are having. For me, the problems seem to be resolved, I can send mail again, and the long (hours) of incoming queues have cleared.