cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Collect Mail or Login to Webmail

JeffGaines

Cannot Collect Mail or Login to Webmail

I ama new-ish Plus Net user and I set my first mailbox up today.
I cannot collect mail using POP3 and I get the following error message when attempting to logon to webmail:
ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server
I had an email from Plus Net at 10:40 this morning (sent to an alternative email address) saying the mailbox was set up but would not be usable for 4 hours.
I accept I may have got the settingd wrong in my email program but cannot understand why I can't get into webmail.
Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
JeffGaines

Re: Cannot Collect Mail or Login to Webmail

Having read a post down a bit I sent myself an email and it's kicked it into life!
mcjian

Re: Cannot Collect Mail or Login to Webmail

I have recently registered with PlusNet and tried to set up my mail this weekend with the same problems as you.  I could collect mail through Outlook but could not send mail, and I could not log in to Webmail.  I submitted a comment which got a reply that some changes had been made to my settings which should correct the problem.  It did not, but did allow me to create a new second plusnet mail address which allowed me to both send and receive mail using Outlook, but which still not allow me to log in to Webmail.  Another comment and a similar response to yours that it would be OK in a few hours, and everything was working - I can even send and receive mail using my first e-mail address.  It took three days, but we got there in the end.