cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannopt open emails on Hotmail.

paulo
Grafter

Cannopt open emails on Hotmail.

I have been useing Hotmail successfully for many years but recently have not been able to open my emails.  I see new emails come into my inbox but on clicking on them in the usual way then nothing at all happens.  I have not experienced this before.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated. 
I can resist everything except temptation.
3 REPLIES 3
BigDaz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Cannopt open emails on Hotmail.

There a known problem with the latest Chrome browser and Windows XP. If that's what you're using.
We got around it by using another browser like Internet Explorer instead.
paulo
Grafter

Funny you should say that, Chrome was recently downloaded inadvertantly with another download, think it was with Malwarebyte, I should have unticked something.  But I am not useing Chrome.  This Hotmail problem is when I am useing I.E as I am doing now but it looks like there's some connection there..
Should have said in my start of this thread that I am useing XP and I.E.
paulo
Grafter

Further to my last post, after looking at the Microsoft forum about Hotmail it appears that many users have experienced the same or similar problems with their accounts in the last few days.  It would appear that something has changed at Hotmail and they have come up with various suggestion and solutions  that seen to work with some customers but not others.  MS have not admitted that there is or has been a problem with their Hotmail service.
For me, one of their suggestions, that I use 'https' instead of 'http', has worked for me at the moment but whether that is a permanent solution remains to be seen.