Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you get into yahoo mail?

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Can you get into yahoo mail?

Hi all
Can anyone here get into yahoo email? - i've been trying since last night and still this morning its dead. Well..I can sometimes get past the login screen but going into any folder returns an incomplete list of emails and trying to read an email ends up with just a blank html template with no content parsed into it.
I still had over 10 unread emails yesterday and with the local freegles I'll have about 80 by now. On top of that someone was helping me to source a new fan for my desktop PC and obviously not even being able to get in I'm stuffed.
So.. Do you Yahoo?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
5 REPLIES 5
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Can you get into yahoo mail?

Can you not set up POP3 on say Outlook Express, I have a old yahoo account what does let me use POP3, from my settings:
See Screen Shots Attached:
hulls
Grafter

Seems to be working ok for me (although I usually use IMAP from Thunderbird)
John
Not applicable

I set up a Yahoo account for one of my friends a while back and just checked - no problems.
7up
Community Veteran

I can't use pop as i'm not an upgraded member... the whole site just seems to be dead.
I can login (just) and sometimes even get to the welcome screen but trying to go into a folder results in a list of about 5 or 6 emails and then the output from the server just stops. Trying to read any of them is impossible.
Of course their official response is "Try wiping your cache". I've done that, tried 3 different browsers, 2 routers, plus the neighbours wifi.. nothing makes any difference.
7up
Community Veteran

Just to clarify I've just setup pop3 access in outlook and yahoo is rejecting me so clearly I'm on a different profile to some users who apparently do have pop3 access.