Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t send or receive email via 3/4G

FIXED
Holiday01
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Can’t send or receive email via 3/4G

I used to be able to send and receive emails on my iPhone on both Wifi and 3G/4G, but recently I can’t receive or send on 3G/4G. (WiFi OK). Wheel spins for few mins then it says updated but no new emails (when I know there is). Or it sometimes gives a message...unable to....
It’s a POP account, incoming...mail.plus.net and outgoing... relay.plus.net
3 REPLIES 3
Holiday01
Hooked

Re: Can’t send or receive email via 3/4G

Fix
Further info: after trying to update emails it says.... updated: network offline. I tried as another person did and disabled the Secure Net (Vodafone) hoping that’s what was blocking it but it hasn’t worked.
Also I’m not able to open my emails on webmail keeps saying timed out I’m guessing there’s too many emails but I can’t get in to delete them...?
Holiday01
Hooked

FIXED BOTH
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Slow webmail

There is a known gremlin in the third party Round Cube webmail program which can cause delays in listing emails - see the end user mitigation post at the top of the Email board here. It somewhat appears that any sorting or filtering on a large mailbox cripples the performance of RC webmail, where as the 'basic' webmail program (Squirrel Mail) is not affected. Using Squirrel Mail can be an effective way of accessing a mail box which is running slow with RC.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.