cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send emails from Samsung tablet

asyms
Hooked

Can't send emails from Samsung tablet

I can send and receive emails on my PC using Outlook.  I can send and receive emails on my Samsung S7 edge phone but I can only receive emails on my Samsung tablet.  Whatever I do I can't seem to send.  It's been like this for ages and nothing I do or change in settings seems to make any difference.  Can anybody advise what the settings should be please.

4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Can't send emails from Samsung tablet

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Mobile to Email.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @asyms

Thank you for reaching out, just to confirm, are you referring to your Plusnet email account?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
asyms
Hooked

Hi Help Team

Yes, I've got it set up and working on my PC and on my laptop.  And now have it working correctly on my Samsung phone.

But whatever I do in the settings I can't seem to set it up on my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition tablet.  I can receive emails on the tablet but can't send.

I don't know if it's a problem with the tablet but as the settings I use are the same on all the other devices it would lead me to think that that is where the problem lies.

I use MS Outlook on my PC and whatever Android gives me for email on my phone.  Hope this gives enough information.  Thanks

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for your response @asyms

In this case, it might be worth checking out the following article on using the outgoing mail server - relay.plus.net, and setting up SMTP Authentication, further details can be found here:

Please click here for further information regarding this.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds