cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send email from different connection.

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Can't send email from different connection.

I'm away at the moment and both myself and other half have our laptops with us. I can't send emails OH can. I thought it was probably a BT thing [ISP we are using] but the difference between our accounts is the OH downloads his emails from MAAF and mine are forwarded to PN and downloaded from there, we can both receive emails.
Is this a PN restriction? I can't find any difference between any other settings.
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Can't send email from different connection.

Which ISP is the subscription actually paid to? On Plusnet SMTP authentication works from a non-Plusnet connection only when subscription account credentials are used for sending emails (via relay.plus.net). Sorry, I don't know how MAAF relays handle this.
David
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

No idea it was holiday accommodation but the siid BT so assume it was them.
Am using relay.plus.net as per PN set up instructions
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Is the PlusNet account which is the subject of this discussion a paid for account?  If it is not, you have no chance of using the relay.plus.net server if not connected to PlusNet directly.
If it is a paid for account, then the SMTP (out bound) server details are wrong.  (1) You ought to be using relay.plus.net port 587 as the server and (2) be using authenticated connection, using the PlusNet account name and password.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.