cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive emails since April 12th

prshimwell

Can't receive emails since April 12th

Hi
I am unable to receive emails at my two mailboxes. I have tried sending from other email addresses and the message comes back a s bad domain host. However i have received two emails from Plus net. I am able to send emails out though.
Any advice would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Can't receive emails since April 12th

It is difficult for us to advise but can you go into manage my mail from this page https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myemail&s=1&redirected=yes&?membermenu=emailsettings and ensure that the email addresses are still there.
Do you have a catchall set - you can check by clicking on the catchall button
Are the email addresses you use the Plusnet username addresses or do you have a hosted domain
prshimwell

Hi
I am having trouble receiving emails. I first noticed it on Thursday 12th April. Messages bounce back to the sender saying - 5.1.2-Bad destination host 'DNS Hard error looking up username.plus.net (MX):NXDomain'
I have received two emails from plus net ok and I can send emails.
any advice would be appreciated.
jim:green username removed for security mod:end
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Something has gone adrift the email address you should be using is username.plus.com not username.plus.net
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I have merged your two posts
prshimwell

Thanks so much. I spotted it when I went into my mail box that I have been sending test emails to .net instead of .com!!!!!!
However the person who first alerted me to the problem was using the correct address so I assume they must have a problem at their end.
Thanks again and have a great weekend!