cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in to my webmail.

gnicholson8
Grafter

Can't log in to my webmail.

So I am going onto the webmail and enter my username/password (like it says here:http://www.plus.net/support/email/webmail-roundcube.shtml) and I can't log in, I tried every variation as well and again, Login Failed pops up everytime. Plusnet is selected on the drop down box too.
Am I being an idiot?
8 REPLIES 8
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Can't log in to my webmail.

Webmail access is OK for me, though I'm a Force9 user. This is for both my main mailbox and an additional one. Was it a main or additional one you were trying to access?
However I suspect the problem now might be that repeated unsuccessful attempts to access your mail have caused you to be locked out. In that case it would need support to reset it. Sad
David
gnicholson8
Grafter

No, thats the thing, I've tried since starting the account. I have NEVER been able to access my account.
As far as I understood, from the link in my first post it is just the username/password aka gnicholson8 and password, I tried that, I also tried my full E-mail address, tried every combination I could think off. I've never been able to access my Mail Account.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Yes assuming that username and password gives you access to the Member Centre those are the ones to use.
Sorry I have no access to your account to check so have to ask potentially silly questions. Have you actually set up a mailbox in Manage My Mail? And if so can you access that inbox using a standard email client?
David
gnicholson8
Grafter

Weird..... Okay maybe it is my mistake but apparently I don't have access to that feature in the "manage my mail" tab
I thought I got a webmail account with my phone/fibre line (i had one before with my old account) and the details in my connection information tab.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Sorry I have to ask but is your broadband.fibre service actually live yet? If it is I would expect Manage My Mail to be available to you but the first time you access it you'd be asked to choose a default mailbox name (that's the local part of the email address that goes before the '@').
Once set-up that mailbox is the one you'd access using your account name and password.
David
gnicholson8
Grafter

Yeah been live for sometime now Smiley
if I go to manage my mail I get this message
If you are an existing customer
Unfortunately, this feature is not available with your current account. To raise any queries and to upgrade your account, please use the Contact Us tool here at the Portal

yet in my connection settings I get my mailbox settings
gnicholson8
Grafter

fixed it...
when I was going to "Manage my mail" tab I was using a direct link, if I went through the menu's I got the pop up for setting my mailbox up. Sorted cheers. (well I have to wait four hours)
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Delighted to hear that, well done. Smiley
David