Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create email account on my iPad

Jazbur
Grafter

Can't create email account on my iPad

Hi,
I set up my new email account with PN yesterday.  Everything went well and I can log in to Webmail and view the account and the first email from PN.  It states that it will be ready to use in 4 hours.  Today i'm trying to set up the account on my iPad air and it gets to the verifying stage and doesn't get any further.  It asks about connecting by SSL as mentioned in the PN guide which I click yes as advised, but even then it still keeps trying to verify the account and getting nowhere.
Is this because the account hasn't been activated yet or could there be another problem?
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Can't create email account on my iPad

Is this because the account hasn't been activated yet
It could well be. Given that your account isn't active yet, you won't be able to authenticate to the outgoing server ( relay.plus.net ).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jazbur
Grafter

Re: Can't create email account on my iPad

Managed to do it.  The account was active, I had to keep clicking yes when it asked to not use SSL, it finally worked after about 5 minutes.  So all good now  Smiley