cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to plusnet email in Outlook 16

beards3961

Can't connect to plusnet email in Outlook 16

Since the first week of September, I have not been able to receive or send emails on my plusnet account through Ouitlook 2016. I've not changed password, and can still get email via gmail on my phone or tablet. Even deleted account in Outlook and tried setting-up again - not joy with either imap or pop, just keeps telling me my settings are wrong.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Can't connect to plusnet email in Outlook 16

@beards3961 

Hi

Could you anonymize the key settings and post here?

Dave

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Can't connect to plusnet email in Outlook 16

@beards3961 wrote:

I've not changed password, and can still get email via gmail on my phone or tablet. Even deleted account in Outlook and tried setting-up again - not joy with either imap or pop, just keeps telling me my settings are wrong.

Exactly how are you setting this up in Outlook (manually or automatically?) and exactly what is the error message?

Are you connecting on the Plusnet network or some other ISP?

Are you using a VPN?

You might find using the Mail configuration tools in control panel to check (and change) the connection details (rather than the 'unhelpful simplified' interface in OL2016) helpful, for that exposes all of the configuration options.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.