cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add second account.

Lvorei

Can't add second account.

Help. We were given a Samsung Tab A for Christmas. I have successfully added my husband's and my own Gmail in the Gmail app. I have also successfully added my husband's Plusnet email in the email app. He is the main account holder. However I just cannot add my own email . It is an additional account using the same user name his. Customer services told me to do exactly the same things as I had already been doing so I just went to the same message as before ie.wrong username or password (right password!)or account not configured for pop or IMAP. As l've got it set up on the mobile I'm using now it can't not be configured. So is there someone out there who can tell me what exactly I must do. Customer service man said they weren't trained in Samsung which seems rather lacking on Plusnet's part.
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Can't add second account.

Whilst I'm experienced in setting up PlusNet email on a number of devices I'm not familiar with the Samsung Tab a email app.

However I'll try and help from the information in this link https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-set-up-gmail-or-hotmail-on-my-samsung-gal... which describes the setup of it's email app.

Having entered your email address in the Add Account, choose MANUAL SETUP

the information you need is then:

Incoming server - IMAP.PLUS.NET

Username - <plusnetaccountname>+<mailboxname> e.g for a Plusnet accout of fred and a mailbox joe it would be fred+joe

Passsord - the mailbox password

Outgoing server - relay.plus.net

Smtp port - 587

Use SSL/TLS - No

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to eMail

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Lvorei

Thanks for getting in touch.

The advice you've been given by @MisterW is 100% sound - please let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Dave

Lvorei

Hello ,Mr W. I followed your instructions but still couldnt  get anywhere. So I  then went to the Samsung Link you gave. Thank you. By following it I was able to set up an Imap.plus.net  account via Gmail. Very grateful.