cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Send Email - Getting Error Message and Plusnet Assist Pops up.....

GetThisBusOut
Dabbler

Can't Send Email - Getting Error Message and Plusnet Assist Pops up.....

Hello guys
Haven't had any problems with my email until tonight when I tried to send my partner a link to an article on a web site.  The email wouldn't go and I got this error message:
The message could not be sent because its size exceeded the server's limit. You can use the option, located in Tools | Accounts | Properties | Advanced, to break messages into smaller parts.
Subject 'please read'
Server Error: 552
Server Response: 552 Yjkk1q005413a4701jklgZ message rejected due to spam or virus. If you believe this is in error please login to your portal or contact your ISP support team.
Server: 'relay.plus.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC6D
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
I'm not techy at all so I don't understand what it means.  Can anyone explain it in simple terms please?
It's only a small email containing just a link to a web site about pet's health. 
Also, Plusnet Assist keeps popping up and saying there is a problem with my emails but if I click on fix it, it just opens a blank Internet Explorer page and does nothing.  I use Firefox and haven't used Internet Explorer for years.
I've tried doing the only thing I know, which is turning the PC off and on again and that didn't work. 
Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
GetThisBusOut
Dabbler

Re: Can't Send Email - Getting Error Message and Plusnet Assist Pops up.....

It seems to be only this particular web site links that aren't being sent.  I've sent some other emails with links and they are OK.  It's only a pet health site, nothing dodgy.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

It looks like the link in the problem email causes it to match a Cloudmark anti-spam fingerprint so the Cloudmarks refuse to send it. The seemingly random text in the error message Yjkk1q005413a4701jklgZ relates to the specific fingerprint.
This might be because it's health related - are pills mentioned?
I don't know if this will work, but you could try replacing the dots in the link with another character (eg #) so it is no longer a link.  Of course your partner would have to put the dots back to use it.
David
GetThisBusOut
Dabbler

Thank you for your reply, spraxyt, sorry I've only just seen it.  Can't remember now if pills were mentioned - the article was about recognising the signs of a dog in pain. 
I'll try your suggestion if it happens again. 
Btw, can anyone help with the problem of Plusnet Assist only opening with IE?  I don't use it and haven't used it for years so it's probably a really old IE version and it just opens up but doesn't do anything. 
Can I make Plusnet Assist default to Firefox?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Unfortunately Plusnet Assist was built upon interfaces which are only in IE. The control panel and some of it's functionality can be run in Firefox, but most of it falls back to IE.
Plusnet Assist does nothing that users can't do themselves, perhaps with a bit of guidance from forum members and Plusnet's help guides. Some do find it useful, but many members on here (and that includes myself) would recommend solving your problem by removing it.
David
GetThisBusOut
Dabbler

Ah, right.  OK then I'll do that (or just ignore it). 
I'm quite relieved in a way.  Being such a techno-dunce I thought it was probably just me not understanding how to make it work!
Thank you, spraxyt Smiley