cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can iPhone / iPad Be Used Soley For PN Email?

bazzer
Pro

Can iPhone / iPad Be Used Soley For PN Email?

Hi,
My wife has a mailbox linked to my account. She has an iPad and iPhone which I set up via IMAP to be able to see her emails.
She now wants to do away with the laptop she has through which she downloads and deletes her PN emails and wants to do these functions directly via her iPad / iPhone.
However, when trying to delete emails via either device it will not allow her to do so as a message states "Unable To Move Message - This Message Could Not Be Moved To The Mailbox Trash"
Is there a way of being able to receive and delete PN emails using the iPad / iPhone withoutthe need for a PC?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Can iPhone / iPad Be Used Soley For PN Email?

Bazzer,
Yes there is - you need to ensure that the iPad / iPhone IMAP folder are configured to use the folders on the server, not local ones.
On the iPlatforms go to settings / mail / select the email account / advanced - under mailbox behavious 'point' each of the Drafts, Sent and Deleted options to the appropriate server folder.
I think this will achieve what you are looking for.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bazzer
Pro

Thanks Townman.
I'll try this later when I'm home and will update.
Cheers
zpeterk
Grafter

Just add, she may find it difficult attaching files to email so best hang on to the laptop
bazzer
Pro

That's a good point - thanks.