cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Not See Emails in my (very full) Inbox

nwalch1

Can Not See Emails in my (very full) Inbox

When I log into Webmail I don't see any email in my Inbox. It says loading for a while and then says it empty even through the left hand side says there are c1400 emails in my inbox (which I think is part of the problem). I can view other folders and their contents and I can view emails on my phone. I've tried different browsers

7 REPLIES 7
hummingbirdbill

Re: Can Not See Emails in my (very full) Inbox

Hi, I have a similar proble. My mail box says it is empty! same from all devices. Have you sorted yours?

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

In webmail, the number shown for Inbox in the left hand panel should be the number of unread messages. Since there are no messages in Inbox It looks like that counter has not been updated when messages were removed.

You mentioned you could view messages on your phone. How has your phone been set up to access emails? Does that (or any other device) connect using POP3? If so messages will be downloaded to local storage on the device and deleted from the server which would leave your Inbox empty and the webmail view would reflect that state.

When messages need to be accessed from multiple devices,using IMAP (with the appropriate incoming server and port 143) is the way to go.

To correct the 1400 unread count shown for Inbox in webmail you could try clicking the gearwheel at the bottom of the left hand panel and selecting Compact Folder. That releases wasted space; I'm hoping it will force a recount when compaction completes.

David
nwalch1

Hi,

I am using IMAP but it is set to "Never delete from server" so I believe my mails are still on the server. Also if I send an email to my account and check it using Webmail before opening the account on my phone I still have the same issue where as I would at least have expected the last email I sent to be visible online as it would not yet have downloaded to my phone (and been deleted from the server).

I have tried to compact my Folder using the gearwheel option but this makes no difference to count (or the problem) I'm afraid.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Any difference if you use the Basic Webmail interface?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

nwalch1

No that doesn't work either (This page can’t be displayed error message in the message pane this time).

Fjharvey

I have the same problem. I clicked on the link to take me to the basic webmail and the Inbox does not open. All other folders can be opened. Plusnet has sent emails asking me to reduce the size of the Inbox but I cannot do that if I cannot open the folder! Can you help? thanks

Fjharvey

I clicked on the link you gave and all folders except the Inbox can be opened. I have been trying to delete emails, after receiving an email from Plusnet about this, but I just cannot access the emails in Webmail. Can you help? Thanks