cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can No Longer Login To Email Server

kjb
Dabbler

Can No Longer Login To Email Server

My Plusnet account was switched to a different ISP on 2/11/18 and I find I can no longer login to my email account.

Whilst I fully understand that I will need to change my email server and email address, I would have at least expected a period of grace an continuation to at least give me chance to do so. My previous ISP which I left to come to Plusnet 2 years ago allowed 30 days.

Having over 40 live email contacts, some of which are vital to me, this has caused me some real havoc.

Thank you Plusnet, you did me proud once again.

5 REPLIES 5
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Can No Longer Login To Email Server

Hi @kjb,

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately when we receive a cancellation request, unless we receive a request to keep a 'mail only' account, the email account and associated mailboxes are all deleted when the rest of your services with us terminate.

On this occasion we're not showing any such request having been made and so the services in question have been cancelled.

We're sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

kjb
Dabbler

Well, all I can say is this has really screwed me up once again. This has never, ever happened before in over 20 years of dealing with various ISP's, even your parent company BT do not do this sort of thing.

I never even got an acknowledgement or a 'sorry to see you leave' message or a 'this is what will happen to your email system when your account ceases', no warning, nothing. I guess that was too much to expect though.

I can honestly say that Plusnet has been my worst ever experience with any ISP and I would not recommend them to anyone.

The only thing that Plusnet seem to be good at is taking payment from you every month.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @kjb 

I'm really sorry to hear you think that. 

I can see that this ticket on your account from 3/11/18 made you aware that the mailboxes were deleted alongside the termination. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

kjb
Dabbler

The 'ticket' you refer to simply says this:-

Service Notice #390758057

Service Notification
12:32am, Saturday 3 Nov 2018
This customer(kjb@xxxxx.xxxx.xxx) was mailed the following message:
Subject: \'Your mailbox was deleted\'

Dear Kxxxx Bxxxxxx,

You\'ve successfully deleted your mailbox.

Account username: xxxxx

Mailbox name: xxx

How is that supposed to be a notification? Why does it say 'you have successfully deleted your mailbox when it was done by Plusnet, not by me?

Your account closure systems are dreadful.

It is little wonder to me that 373 reviewers on Trustpilot gave you a massive thumbs down, 77% of them rated you 1 star out of 5 and your overall rating is 1.4 out of 10.

I am now wondering when I will get a refund of the advance payment taken on 23/10/18, since my account was closed on 2/11/18? How will I be notified that a refund has been paid to me when you have closed my email account?
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @kjb,

I agreed there should be a difference in the notification between the mailbox being deleted via the portal and the mailbox being deleted when the account is closed but this is an automated message used for both purposes.

With regards to Trustpilot, customers are usually quick to voice their opinion when they have had a bad experience but not when they have had a good one (without prompting,) I'm personally guilty of this.

Due to our accounts being billed a month in advance, I have created a ticket on your account to confirm the action I have taken to ensure any amounts owed are refunded.

So that you can receive notifications in the meantime, please update your email address to one that you are currently using.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional