Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Plusnet Spam Filtering with hosted Exchange

bbrazil
Dabbler

Can I use Plusnet Spam Filtering with hosted Exchange

Hi,
I host my own Exchange server. I have a domain name registered and DNS pointing to my Plusnet static IP. I have registered my domain name with an external registration company and use them for DNS resolution too. Is it possible somehow to use Plusnet as a mail relay for spam filtering purposes, or would I have to use Plusnet to host my domain name in order to do this?
Thanks,
Ben
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Can I use Plusnet Spam Filtering with hosted Exchange

Hi Ben,
Yes, you can keep the domain with the current hosts and have us make an entry on our DNS so you can relay via us. As long as your server is connected to a Plusnet service that should work just fine. Let me know if you need advice on how to go about this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Adam I can't see this working. If he's running his own exchange server he's probably using SMTP for his mail delivery, in which case the MX records will be pointing directly at his IP address. I'm not aware of a way to configure inbound emails to go through the Ironports and then be delivered to a users SMTP server!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
zubel
Community Veteran

For inbound mail, Bob has stated that this isn't supported.
B.