cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I delete domain email addresses I've added but fouled up?

louis16

Can I delete domain email addresses I've added but fouled up?

I spoke to PlusNet about this yesterday but either I didn't explain the problem well enough or the guy didn't understand.. My wife has a website selling artwork, the website was set up by an IT company. The site has an email link (which was initiated by the IT company) which is supposed to be picked up by PlusNet, but it doesn't work. I've tried to put it back on to PlusNet using the Accounts - add an address routine, but I couldn't remember the original password and after three attempts there are three 'links' to this email address which don't work and all have the wrong password, but there doesn't seem any way to delete them - to start again. I'm now constantly asked on Live Mail for the password for this email address, which is forgotten. All my emails for my regular PlusNet email service were originally copied to it when it worked as a 'mailbox' but it never received emails from the website. Can anyone help before my wife stops talking to me completely....?    Could be worse, I suppose...
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Can I delete domain email addresses I've added but fouled up?

I don't think I understand the question
If, however, all you want to do is delete an email address from the Plusnet Systems you go to Manage my mail which takes you to the summary page.
If you then select mailbox, redirect, alias etc. as appropriate you can delete the ones you  don't want
Live Mail asking for the password means that you have added the email address to the Live Mail accounts
If you removed them from there that should also fix the problem of it trying to download messages from them
louis16

Hi Jim, I'm not very good at explaining things like this.. They are email addresses I've added to Live Mail, but I cannot see any way of removing them, only an option to add more. How do I delete them please? I did look at 'Manage my Mail' on the PlusNet website, but they weren't there, only an alternative which I added when I started with PlusNet. I couldn't delete that either.. (sigh...)
Many thanks for such a quick response.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

louis16

Didn't see an answer there, right-clicking Accounts simply brings up a Quick Access toolbar with nothing relevant on it..
Oldjim
Resting Legend

which operating system are you using
picbits
Rising Star

On my Windows Live Mail, on the left hand column where the accounts are listed (you need to make sure you have Home selected at the top) I have a list of added domains / email addresses with the inbox / sent / deleted under each of those.
Right clicking on the account@domain.com gives me the option to "remove account"
picbits
Rising Star

See attached Smiley
louis16

I use Windows 7. Down the left hand column, there are the 4 mailbox headings (3 not working) and everything else relates to email, In, Out, Spam, Junk, Drafts,  etc. nothing else..
Found it, done it. Sorry to be so dumb..  Embarrassed  I'll try entering the address again and seeing what happens.
louis16

Still confused.. I deleted the three mailboxes and re-entered my wife's email address as a new mailbox. In Live Mail I get constant requests to enter the username and password for that email address followed by an error message 'Unable to send or receive emails for this email address, etc., etc......'
Is there a problem with the domain? I've asked the guy who set it up but he says nothing is wrong...
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Then I would suggest that it isn't set up correctly
This explains how to do it http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/
However
Are you trying to setup an email address of a third party site such as me@mysite.co.uk and using the details given to you for that site
You can't set up an email address for that site within the Plusnet email system so you can either access it directly via the hosting company of the site or you may be able to set up a redirect
As a start can you advise the address of your wife's site and who it is hosted with