Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I blackhole the default mailbox?

Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Can I blackhole the default mailbox?

Hi,
Is there a way to blackhole email sent to the default email address?
I have the catch-all turned off but I still see a load of spam in the mailbox. In theory, I could leave it as this is not my main mailbox or email address but I don't want to clog up the mailbox unneccesarily so I've set up the account in my email program so I can empty the mailbox.
I prefer not to use spam filtering so I don't miss any mail on my other accounts but this means I can't switch it off just for the default mailbox either.
I've renamed the default mailbox to something else in the hope that this might ease the problem but it's not an ideal solution.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Annie
Annie
4 REPLIES 4
kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Can I blackhole the default mailbox?

Yes,  you need to setup a redirect for the address via the Manage my Mail page.
When you add a new redirect  you can either choose 'I would like to blackhole this address and not receive email to it', 
or as I've done with one of my addresses,  set the desination address to spam@spamtraining.plus.com  (unless someone advises that this is not a good idea!)
Annie
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply. However, the system won't allow a redirect to be set up on an existing mailbox which the default mailbox is.
Annie
kmilburn
Grafter

Youu'll need to organise your mailboxes to change the default, and then delete the mailbox you no longer want,  then you'll be able to create the redirect.
Having said that,  you may want to wait for confirmation from one of the Plusnet staff that this will achieve what your after.
Annie
Rising Star

Thanks for the advice. Since renaming the email address, there hasn't been any spam so it looks as though that's done the trick without having to re-jig any accounts.
Annie