cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar & Address Book on an iPod

Pensioner

Calendar & Address Book on an iPod

I want to use my iPod as a personal organiser
With Windows 7 I keep my appointments and contacts in Windows Live Mail which I also use for my e-mail
Apple tell me that
"You can access a Windows Live email account as an Exchange account with the iOS Mail app.
This provides push access for received messages and over the air syncing for contacts and calendar events with your Windows Live online address book and calendar."
If I go to the exchange panel, it asks for
Email:      I have several accounts, do I use the default account which I assume is "Postmaster@ ........."
Server:      No idea!
Domain:        Is it "plus.net"?
Username:          the basic account name
Password:    That fro the basic account.
Can anyone help? Or is there another way of synchronising.?
Should I follow the instructions for the iPhone, although all I'm interested in is the Contacts and appointments?
I would welcome advice.
Brian
9 REPLIES 9
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Calendar & Address Book on an iPod

Hi there,
If you take a look at http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/ and click 'I just want to see the settings' at the top you should get everything you need. To add a bit more though:
Email:    Whatever the email address you want to use with the iPod is. If that's more than one, you'll need to set up a separate account on the iPod for each address.
Server:      mail.plus.net
Domain:        I believe this should autopopulate once you've filled in the two above,
Username:        If it's your default mailbox, this will be the default account name. If it's an additional mailbox then it needs to be in the format of accountname+mailboxname.
Password:    Again, if it's your default mailbox this will be your default account password. If it's an additional mailbox then it'll be the password for that mailbox.
Hope that helps,
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Is it actually a Windows Live email address you're wanting to access? If it is then you should be able to synchronise it with your phone by following the instructions here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Pensioner

I don't particularly want to collect the e-mail at all.
But I would like to transfer all the contacts and my appointments which are held in Windows LiveMail under Calendar and Contacts.
The Apple site suggested using Exchange, but so far I've not managed to achieve anything.
hulls
Grafter

I have a Yahoo calendar on my Ipod Touch, and had to use a cal.dav server.
John
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Quote from: Pensioner
I don't particularly want to collect the e-mail at all.
But I would like to transfer all the contacts and my appointments which are held in Windows LiveMail under Calendar and Contacts.
The Apple site suggested using Exchange, but so far I've not managed to achieve anything.

I don't think you have the option  Sad
With my last employer I had e-mail, contacts and calendar synced with Outlook at work. I remember they were all set up at the same time under "settings - mail, contacts, calenders". I recommend  you follow Bobs post Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
hulls
Grafter

I'm pretty certain, that on the Touch, the calendar and email were set up separately (although it was a long time ago.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I have a Touch and i set mine up altogether (with telephone guidance from the IT dept at the time)  Smiley Smiley
That's why the heading is "mail, contacts, calenders"  Crazy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
hulls
Grafter

Thanks for the correction Peter. I may have set them up together, but I don't think you have to use all of them. Certainly the mailbox set up is separate from the calendar set up on mine.
I'll try to do a screen shot and post it.
John
hulls
Grafter

Hi
Here are the screen shots I promised.  They may not be much use, since Yahoo! is one of the automatic options.  Certainly I used carddav.address.yahoo.com for the contacts server.
John