cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking persistent and specific spam emails.

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Blocking persistent and specific spam emails.

The last few weeks have seen a number of rather racy (to put it mildly) emails coming through and although gmail are pretty good at redirecting this unwanted garbage into my spam box I still need to check them out before emptying.

Done a google search on how to block emails from a specific address but it does not seem possible - unless any of you guys know different?  

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
3 REPLIES 3
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Blocking persistent and specific spam emails.

Blocking spam from a specific email address rarely works as most spam comes from a randomly generated email address unfortunately.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Minivanman wrote:

Done a google search on how to block emails from a specific address but it does not seem possible - unless any of you guys know different?  

The Plusnet spam filter (user portal - manage my email) does allow you to black list email addresses / domains - however spammers are forever changing the email address they use / hijack.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Minivanman.

As Townman has advised, I'd recommend heading on over to www.plus.net/email as our spam filter does allow you to block specific or a range of e-mail addresses. Hope that helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet