Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking SMTP Server from Swiss ISP Quickline

QL-OCT-CH
Dabbler

Blocking SMTP Server from Swiss ISP Quickline

Hello Community 

I hope someone can help me because ive tried so many ways to get in touch with the postmaster of plus.net.

Im one of the guys in Switzerland who is working for the ISP Quickline which is in charge for the 2nd Level Support of our Mail Plattform.

Many customers are complaining about they cant communicate with the mailservers of Plus.net. 

Now my Question, is there a way to get in touch with the Postmaster or Abuse Master of Plus.net?

Can someone help me?

Kind Regards,

QL-OCT-CH

22 REPLIES 22
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Blocking SMTP Server from Swiss ISP Quickline

One for your wizard skills, @Gandalf ? IF it is a genuine enquiry.

John
QL-OCT-CH
Dabbler

Hi Jab1

I know its a bit uncommon to communicate over the community (Spamer, bots and so on) but i hoped that i can come to a positive result (As mentioned i tried lots of ways over the past months).

regards,

Denno

jab1
Legend

@QL-OCT-CH OK, think I know what you are saying, but how many Swiss people need to communicate with Plusnets SMTP server - they don't operate in Switzerland?

John
QL-OCT-CH
Dabbler

First: Sorry for my bad english. but ill try my best.

Our customers want to write mails with customers from plus.net (You completly right. Plusnet dont operate in Switzerland).

And there is the problem:

Our customers receive a Mailer - Daemon Response  which says that Plusnet is blocking our smtp servers. 

Do you know what i mean?

jab1
Legend

Understand what you are saying now, @QL-OCT-CH . I have asked for this to be moved to the correct board on the forum, and also 'tagged' a Plusnet staff member who may be able to help - I can't, I'm actually an ex-customer.

John
QL-OCT-CH
Dabbler

Thanks @jab1 for your support. Im happy for all help i get Smiley

Have a nice Day^^

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@QL-OCT-CH  do you have any details from the delivery failure reply ? normally there would be an SMTP error code and additional text to indicate why the mail couldnt be delivered.

NB be aware if that this is a public forum so please redact any personal information such as email addresses from any details you may post

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

QL-OCT-CH
Dabbler

@MisterW Sure.

Final-Recipient: rfc822; XXXX@XXXXX.plus.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822;XXXX@XXXX.plus.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; XX.XXXXX.plus.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Sender has previously been reported for poor
behaviour, please advise your ISP to contact the Plusnet Abuse department
if they believe this is incorrect.

QL-OCT-CH
Dabbler

In addition i have to say, that i never found an mailaddress to the Abuse Departement of Plusnet

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@QL-OCT-CH 

smtp; 550 Sender has previously been reported for poor
behaviour,

That implies that your Mail server has been marked as sending significant amounts of spam. PlusNet use the Cloudmark anti-spam system and it has rejected mail from your server due to its poor reputation.

If you think this poor reputation is not correct then you can request that Cloudmark reset it here https://csi.cloudmark.com/en/reset/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

@QL-OCT-CH wrote:

Our customers want to write mails with customers from plus.net (You completly right. Plusnet dont operate in Switzerland).

Your mail servers have been reported for "poor performance".

I suspect that means that the customers from plusnet do not want to have emails from customers at your ISP. In other words, it looks like your users have been spamming us. Plusnet aren't going to be quick about wanting to allow you to do that again however @bobpullen might assist you if you can prove your emails are legitimate.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
jab1
Legend

3.1/2 hours with no reply - after obviously sitting waiting for them this morning? I would say very, very suspicious.

John
QL-OCT-CH
Dabbler

@MisterW :
Thanks for your advice to consult cloudmark. In the future i will look in the future with them to delist our Servers.

@7up :
We try to look out all our Spam Users automaticly. That works pretty well but we have one or two mails which going through anyway. We will improve that process to detect spam as early as possible. I know that no one want being spammed on their plattform (neighter the customer or the engineers).

But as @MisterW mentioned: Your using Cloudmark so we can check the reputation of our servers by our self.

@jab1 :

Sorry for my absence. Had an apointment and have to finish work earlyer as other days. But also thank you for your effort and sorry for waiting. 

Greetings from switzerland

Denno

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@QL-OCT-CH 

So who/what is "QL-OCT-CH" (Mr Google wasn't much help)?

Is it a dedicated email service, or just an incidental service to some commercial organisation, perhaps in order to push a product?