Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked Users Issue

FIXED
md18
Hooked

Blocked Users Issue

Good morning.

Everyone kindly helped me with an issue to do with blocking emails. I followed advice, adding unwanted senders to the Blocked Senders List in 

White/Blacklist Filtering

but some of the blocked addresses, particularly an annoying credit company who ignores all requests to stop emailing me & whom I've complained about to the ICO, the senders are still getting through.

Anything else I can do? Thank you in advance.

'Time is passing. Yes. Don't waste it.' - Katharine Hepburn
10 REPLIES 10
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Blocked Users Issue

Fix

Hi @md18,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still receiving emails from senders that have been added to your blacklist.

Blacklisting and whitelisting uses the 'return-path' address of an email when choosing to let it through or not. Sometimes, this 'return path' address may be different to the email address being shown by your email program.

If you've blacklisted or whitelisted an email address and it's not doing what it should be doing, check you've used the 'return-path' address rather than the 'from' address. To find the return-path of an email in Webmail, select the message, click the More actions... menu button (it looks like a cog) and then click Show source.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
md18
Hooked

Thank you, Emily - I didn't know - I will try it and mark this solved once the offender can't get through. Appreciate your help.

md18
Hooked

I hope it's okay to ask another question. The offending sender's email is now gone from my Plusnet webmail account, the only emails left have come through to Windows 10 Mail - trying to find the 'return path address' on the 2018 Mail email is like trying to raise the dead. Do you know how I would find that? Sorry to be a pain, thanks in advance.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I think the answer to that question is that you can't display the headers using the Windows 10 Mail app because Microsoft removed the option. Sad

David
md18
Hooked

Thank you. I have noticed that with every new computer I get, the windows bandits seem to take away more features that made life easier... luckily the boneheads who are mithering me sent another newsletter so I was able to get the return-path URL from my Plusnet webmail.

It's good to know there's a website like this where people are really helpful! Really, really appreciated. Have taken Emily's suggestion and will come back on here and mark SOLVED once the tossers can't get through. Have a great evening, everybody!

madswitcher
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi MD18, 

On that subject, is you are used to using something like the email cleint that come with Microsoft Live Essentials, my wife got a new computer about a couple of months ago with Win 10 and didn't like the email client that came with it. (different and useful stuff missing)  The forums everywhere said that Microsft Live Essentials does not work with Win 10.  So I experimented a bit, got a copy of Live Essentials and installed the email client only.  Set up the servers etc, and it works fine.

Its a bit fiddly, but works fine on her new Win 10 machine.

Just gotta get Plusnet to unblock my account of the SMTP server now.

Regards,

Mike

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi Madswitcher,

Thanks for getting in touch. I can see that we've raised this to our network team for you here. As yet, we don't have an ETA on a fix, but I've chased this on your behalf. As soon as we have an update, it will be added to that ticket.

Best wishes

Dave

md18
Hooked

Blocking Nuisance Emails

I hope this finds everyone well.

I went to my previous topic to add to it - it says 'solved' but it isn't solved - this is the post:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Blocked-Users-Issue/td-p/1593440

Despite adding the return-path address to the Plusnet blacklist (which the pillocks who are emailing me keep changing) I am still getting nuisance emails from Noddle, who refuse to unsubscribe me (the ICO doesn't care).

I just wanted to point out that this is the case with other nusiance emailers, too. Despite adding the return-path address to the black-list, I am still getting unwanted emails from these tossers.

Best wishes to all.

md18
Hooked

Re: Blocking Nuisance Emails

Actually, I've sorted the problem, hopefully - under 'Spam' I didn't have the box ticked that says Apply these settings to all my domains.

A question about that, please: after ticking that box I clicked Update My Settings, whereupon the tick disappeared from the box - will the settings still be updated for all my domains?

Thank you.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Blocking Nuisance Emails

Moderators Note

Threads merged

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine