cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked By Plusnet From Receiving Emails/Cannot Log into account

chloetraining

Blocked By Plusnet From Receiving Emails/Cannot Log into account

I have received notification this morning that I need to contact Plusnet to get a new password so I can receive emails again.  How do I do this when - online chat is closed, due to Corona Virus and no one is answering or taking calls.

This is really frustrating as it says I have accessed by account using different devices, which I haven't.  Please could a person tell me how I can gain access to my emails again please.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Re: Blocked By Plusnet From Receiving Emails/Cannot Log into account

Hi @chloetraining

Welcome to forum. I am sorry to hear about that. I can see that password to your account was already changed yesterday around 10am.

Password to main mailbox is same as to your account. You can change it here

Our contact centres are open between 9am - 6pm and I can confirm that they are answering calls.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Blocked By Plusnet From Receiving Emails/Cannot Log into account

Hi Chloe,

A warm welcome to the forums.

"This is really frustrating as it says I have accessed my account using different devices, which I haven't."

If Plusnet state that your account has been accessed from multiple devices (IP addresses) then there is a fair chance that your account has been compromised and other people have been accessing your account from different devices.  If that is the case Plusnet will have taken action to prevent further abuse of the services by changing your password.

Such action will have changed the password on your default Plusnet email address, that used by the user portal and the one required for the router to connect to the internet.  Usually a Plusnet supplied router will auto update that password.

If what I infer is correct, I would highly recommend that EVERYWHERE you have used this email address as an identity for other services (Amazon, Netflix, Bank Account ... etc.) with the SAME password, that you URGENTLY change those passwords, ideally to something very different, certainly not the same password as you use for your Plusnet account.

Passwords for such accounts will not be changed by changing your Plusnet password, therefore those accounts (and the credit card details stored therein) are potentially also at risk of abuse.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.