cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklist IP

g3uiss
Grafter

Blacklist IP

I use a mail server and Symantec Cloud for Anti Spam. They have been blocking some inbound mail to my server because one of your IP's is blocked in the PBL146.200.166.197
Can you check this out and have it removed from the block list, It may cause other users problems. I have not raised a ticket or tried to ring, I believe this will be a better place Cheesy
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Blacklist IP

Hopefully this will get picked up some time Monday morning when there will next be Plusnet staff on the forums.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

That IP is from one of the dynamic pools we use to assign to customers' broadband connections. I'd fully expect for it to be on the PBL lists Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

It might be worth mentioning that PBL means Policy Block List, *not* public blacklist, meaning it's up to list users how they use it. As Bob said one would expect IPs in dynamically assigned ranges to be on this list since email should not originate from such IPs without passing through a "smarthost" relay that should authenticate the sender.
Spam detection systems should stop checking email origin once a reputable smarthost relay is reached. Alternatively the originator needs a static IP that will not appear in the PBL (and doesn't have a poor reputation).
David