cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bits missing when forwarding emails

colintivy
Rising Star

Bits missing when forwarding emails

I often like to forward any interesting mail I get to friends but find that the necessary link addresses are generally omitted which makes the forwarding useless. I usually copy these and add them to a follow-up email to the recipient(s). I do not see the reason for this because they arrive satisfactorily to me in the first instance. Is this a feature of spam removal or something?
Huh
7 REPLIES 7
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Bits missing when forwarding emails

Are you forwarding the email as you got it?
For example in html, if you forward an html email as plain text it will remove a lot of the links from the email.
What are you using to forward the emails with?
Are you using PlusNet's webmail or Outlook Express for example?
colintivy
Rising Star

I am FWDing emails as I got them using Plus.Net's webmail (RoundCube).. I do not use OE and my browser is Firefox.
The missing bits can be a Web ddress starting with www. or often youtube references.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Sorry I can not help with PlusNet's RoundCube webmail I don't use it!
I use to check my emails with PlusNet's SquirrelMail, but all my emails now are forwarded to servage, where I check my emails with SquirrelMail.
Any how what I recommend you doing is send yourself one of the emails that you are having problems with in plane text, I.E. forward it to yourself in plane text, then you will know what linkes are missing.
For help with RoundCube settings try:
http://trac.roundcube.net/
I hope this helps
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

To set up plane text in RoundCube
At the top of RoundCube Select Personal Settings
Displaying Messages                                                                    
Main Options                                                                     Turn off
Display HTML                                                                    Have the Box unticked
Default Character Set                                                         Leave as is
Display attached images below the message                       Have the Box unticked
After message delete/move display the next message          Have the Box unticked  
Click Save
Next Go To:
Composing Messages
Options:                                                                    Select:
Compose HTML messages:                                        Never
When replying:                                                          Start new message above original
Click Save
colintivy
Rising Star

Been a bit busy, but I tried your suggestion of sending myself a copy which revealed to my surprise that the readdresses were still there.! I noted that the fonts used in the original were amended.
Never the less I have modified my settings in RoundCube as you recommend and will see if that sorts everything out. I will report progress.
Many thanks.
colintivy
Rising Star

All seems to be useable. I note that all the contents are converted to HTML but nothing is omitted..
Thanks again.
Smiley
colintivy
Rising Star

All seems to be useable. I note that all the contents are converted to HTML but nothing is omitted..
Thanks again.