cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigfoot email problem

niffnoff

Bigfoot email problem

I use a Bigfoot.com email adress forwarded to my plusnet account . For about a week now I have not recieved any emails at all. I have searched for  reports/discussions about current problems with Bigfoot and found none. Last night I ran a test by sending myself an email to my bigfoot address from Outlook  and got the following error message.
Any ideas please?Huh

The original message was received at Mon, 07 Jun 2010 14:19:30 -0500
from relay.ptn-ipout01.plus.net [212.159.7.35]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<me@<username>.plus.com>
  ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>>> Connecting
<<< 554-mx.ptn-ipin04.plus.net
554 Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to the sending MTA's poor reputation. If you believe that this failure is in error, please contact the intended recipient via alternate means.
jim:green email address removed mod:end
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Bigfoot email problem

It looks like the bigfoot email servers have got 'poor' senderbase reputations ( http://www.senderbase.org/senderbase_queries/detaildomain?search_string=bigfoot.com ) due the amount of spam originating from them,  and therefore the email from them is being blocked by the PlusNet Ironport system.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Bigfoot email problem

Solution would be to turn off spam filtering on your Plusnet account (as long as you don't mind the obvious implications that come with it!)

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵