cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be very wary of authentic looking Paypal e mail that directs you to Pakistan www

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Be very wary of authentic looking Paypal e mail that directs you to Pakistan www

Received at 0644 today an e mail allegedly from Paypal stating that they now required all customers to register a dr card and to click a link which goes to that beacon of virtue known as a Word press site in Pakistan.
Paypal seem to have no link to send such e mails on to. Cry
Sent on to Plus Net Spam training .
Don't go there: I fear some will and pay the price.
URL below modified with red asterisks<<<<<<<<<<<<<
http://layyah.***pk[***/b]/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-importer/languages/?/www.paypal.co.uk/secure/index.php
>>>>>>>>>>>
9 REPLIES 9
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Be very wary of authentic looking Paypal e mail that directs you to Pakistan www

NEVER click on any links in an email unless you know the source AND check what it is directing to (Hold you mouse over the like and it will expand in a sub window or the status bar usually)
Or right click and choose copy then PASTE it into a text editor NEVER a browser and check the link.
Or just go to the real site using your browser and typing in the address. e.g. paypal.co.uk and read any REAL messages there.
IF you click on email links then you are just asking for malware/scams.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Be very wary of authentic looking Paypal e mail that directs you to Pakistan www

Those kind of e-mails have been going around for years now.
No idea what kind of stuff those links will try to install on your PC, but you can be sure it won't be good.
Worst one I remember is when they faked the CNN top 10 news stories e-mail. It was a good fake and ladened with non-CNN links.
Gel
Aspiring Champion

PAYPAL PHISHING e mail:

Another this morning which appears to point you at .co.uk website
this time.
FORWARDED:
PayPal Phishing <spoof@paypal.com>
&
Spam Training at plus net.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

There's a lot to be said for using only plain text for emails.  Smiley
Having said that, genuine emails from PayPal are usually spelled right...
Gel
Aspiring Champion

FoolishlyWise
Grafter

I got one of these too it seems o_o, Outlook.com has a little green shield that tells you the emails real and you can trust it though.
Scammers these days. Wonder when (or if) the worlds sensitive data can ever be secure eh.
Gel
Aspiring Champion

Annoying however that (not Spam) order acknowledgements from Argos who are in my webmail/e mail add book
are getting held in spam folder; any way I can sort this?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Add argos.co.uk to the Approved Addresses found at the bottom of the Spam tab at http://email.plus.net
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Gel
Aspiring Champion