cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up Address Books.

colintivy
Rising Star

Backing up Address Books.

I have seen various incidences of people losing email stuff including Address lists and regretting that they had not backed them up. I use Squirrelmail and Betamail and resort to using  screenshots to printout the text which is quite laborious. This is OK with Win7 but is there a similar add-on for XP? Is there any way that such things can be electronically stored?
Huh
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Backing up Address Books.

On XP complete window displays can be copied to the clipboard using Alt+Prt Scrn.
However Roundcube has options to export and import address book contents to/from a vCard format file. Smiley
David
colintivy
Rising Star

Thanks for the education, not too old to learn!
  Kiss
randpwar
Grafter

I use Thunderbird for one of my Plusnet email accounts and haven’t backed-up each address I have in the TB address book; should I bother? Thunderbird seems robust enough to me to never screw up my address book but given that I’m just accessing a Plusnet email account via TB, is it possible that Plusnet/Squirrellmail could lose the address book before TB can ‘get hold’  of it? 
Apologies to colintivy for pinching his thread  Smiley
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The address books in Thunderbird, Squirrelmail and Roundcube are completely independent of each other so problems with any of these shouldn't affect others.
With its address book displayed the Thunderbird address book can be backed up if desired as an LDIF format file using Tools->Export.
David
randpwar
Grafter

Many thanks spraxyt; that's exactly what I shall do
colintivy
Rising Star

@ randpwar
No problem, all the more views may well help others.
  Kiss Kiss